Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Priceless.

This is what Ethan said this morning, while looking at a picture of "Aunt Lindsay." (She is wearing a formal dress with tennis shoes on the day of state cross country, and it's snowing outside.)

"What I would do, when she gets back to living and not died ever again...I would just hug her or something."

me: "I'm going to hug her too, Ethan. :)


Since Kyle's Dad passed away, we have had lots of opportunites to talk with Ethan about the reality of the resurrection. I love the way he words things like "when we get done being died we will get our bodies back" and one time he even asked me, "how did Aunt Lindsay get her body off?" It has been so comforting to hear him talk about our loved ones like it will be just a short time until we see them again. Even ones he has never actually met. Faith like a child...


He also said this morning:
"I love Aunt Lindsay. And I wish everyone that was died could just come back alive right now."

me: "Me too, buddy. Me too."

5 comments:

Maegan said...

Aunt Lindsay is so blessed to have a nephew like Ethan. What a wonderful post!

Marie Giles said...

How blessed we are to know about the resurrection and the atonement. Death is never easy, but this knowledge at least gives us hope.

When did Kyle's dad pass away? Oh that breaks my heart. I loved him so much.

www.ackfam4.blogspot.com said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I am sure its a joy to tell Ethan about his special auntie. She was a special person. Maybe she was at his farewell from heaven:) Love you guys-

Hohmann Family said...

These thought of Ethan's are so beautiful. You have a very special son.

Pini said...

Thank you for posting such a sweet and tender experience/conversation! I love this post for many different reasons!