Happy Birthday to Ethan! 5 years old! We decided, spontaneously, to go to the fire station and just get a little tour. I called ahead and they said they couldn't guarantee that they'd be there, but that if they were there, they'd be happy to show us around.
When we arrived, they had laid out a fireman hat, a few little workbooks, and a Batman action figure (in the package!) for Ethan on his birthday. The crew was gone on a run so one fireman showed us the living room and the kitchen and the offices, and then when everyone got back we got the grand tour. They opened up every compartment on the entire fire engine and showed us all the tools and equipment. Ethan got to touch things and ask as many questions as he wanted.
Then he got to climb aboard and try out the headphones...
...and a real fireman's hat!
We even got to go for a ride around the block!
This is my very favorite. Seriously, how cool is it that they let him wear and touch whatever he wanted?!?
I'm not sure who was grinning more--me, or Ethan. I just kept smiling at the firemen and they kept smiling back, knowing that they were making not only my son's birthday, but his entire YEAR. I feel like they rolled out the red carpet for us and made Ethan feel so special and important. I had no idea that they would be so attentive and encouraging. At the end I said, "Well, you fellas sure know how to make a 5 year-old's day!" They responded, "Yep. We were little boys once. "
So, I guess that just goes to show that the best things in life are free, right?
Firefighters are real heroes. :)
That night, we had a fun little family birthday party. The biggest hit (pun intended) were the "Socker Boppers," these inflatable boxing gloves. Thanks, Sweenys, for the great idea!
Here you can see them in action:
And he also got something to punch besides Mom and Dad. :)
Ethan LOVES doughnuts right now so we decided to try something new this year...
This is harder than it looks!
And, of course, the new Batman Pajamas. Thanks, Nana!
What a fun day.
Stay tuned for pictures and videos from the Ninja Turtle Birthday Party!
everything I ever needed to know about masks I learned in a pandemic.
-
Hi! Long time no see! How are you? I really like what you’ve done with your
hair. In the midst of this crazy bananas, I’ve been making masks and
sharing th...
6 years ago


5 comments:
That is so awesome!!! Those firemen are my heroes. And you are the best mom ever!
How fun that they did so much! Happy Birthday Ethan!
Yay! Happy Birthday Ethan! What a fun activity (for you guys and, I'll wager, for them! They don't have tons to do when they aren't on runs, so your coming and Ethan's excitement probably made their day!).
Yes, anything related to play fighting (like the punching bag & Socker Boppers) seems to be quite a hit (ha) with boys!
how fun! wow, 5 years old already. craziness. sounds like it was a great birthday!!
Happy Bday, Ethan. What a fun day I'm sure that was for him. Awesome firefighters!
Post a Comment