Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Joy Expedition.

Here's part of a recent post from my Living Room:

"...I've decided to begin a little adventure. I realized that we have about 40 days (or so) to be here, [meaning in Utah without Kyle] and that seems to be a great amount of time to experience real spiritual growth, so I'm going to try something. I'm going to see if I can find at least one way, every day, to really look up and find the joy. And then, even if it's just one sentence, I will post a daily telling of my discoveries.

To me, this will be more than just an exercise in positive thinking. "Looking up" doesn't just mean looking on the bright side. It means pointing our eyes toward Heaven, toward God, and praying for the eyes to SEE how He is blessing us and tailoring our experiences to our needs. And "finding the joy" is more than just focusing on something good that happened that day--it is gathering the good, the bad, and the ugly all together and finding ways to rejoice that we get to experience the whole thing. Not joy in spite of the hard stuff, but because of it, and through it. Well, that's some lofty philosophy. Now we'll see how well I can do. :) Here goes..."


So, I'm on day #8 today. It has been a really cool blessing so far to search for joy throughout the day and then write about it. Come on over to my living room if you'd like to read more...

(and I suggest starting at day #1. Unless that is just too logical for you.)


www.emslivingroom.blogspot.com


And yes, at some point I will post cute pictures of kiddos instead of just blabbing away. I guess I have been too busy seeing the "world through both my eyes" (thanks, John Mayer) to take any pictures. :)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I was just reading your blog about hunting for kindness and kind things. Such an inspiration. Thanks for posting those things. Thanks for your example and testimony building. You are so great and wonderful!!