Star Wars and lightsabers. That pretty much sums up the last few weeks around here.
We gave Ethan some lightsaberss for his birthday, and then he had a Star Wars birthday party with friends.
Here are some snapshots:
Dueling...
Yoda is Jake's favorite so he always goes for the green one...
I downloaded an app that has lightsaber sound effects and battle music. When you swing your phone in the air it makes a lightsaber noise, so in this video I was trying to coordinate that with what the boys were doing:
Lots of fun!
Then for the party, all the young padawans gathered at a small planet on the outer rim of the republic, called "Ethan's House" to complete their jedi training and earn their belts and lightsabers. We played a few games and then destroyed the death star, which was that soccer pinata painted gray.
Here's the "cake." Are you catching on to the lightsaber theme of EVERYTHING?! :)
We wrapped these starships in tin foil so they were "asteroids" and we played "hot asteriod" (like hot potato) until everybody got to unwrap one. Then we flew them downstairs for some fun games in the dark.
"Planet Ring" toss--two hula hoops hanging from the ceiling and you had to use the force to throw glow bracelets through them
It was actually dark, without the flash of the camera, and they were using the force to toss glow in the dark bouncy balls into buckets
Those tasks were enough to earn their lightsabers.
Fun times.
The pinata was hilarious because the twine kept breaking and so we would restring it a different way, but nothing worked for more than one kid's turn, so pretty soon Kyle just ended up pitching it to the kids like a baseball and they swung at it with a pvc pipe. But eventually the deathstar got destroyed and the kids were happy.


5 comments:
So fun! Six years old--I can't believe it! What a cute kid.
Coolest. Mom. Ever. Award. :)
This was so Awesthmosis!!! I loved the videos. Ethan looked a lot like Kyle when he was little, but your genes are starting to take hold! What a fun birthday party! Has he ever seen the movies?
very cute! I'm sure he had a blast. It's amazing how fast the time flies. It's been awhile we need to get up and see you guys soon!
Every time I see the look on Kyle's face in the first picture I laugh. That's so him having a great time! Glad to know this party was entertaining for all ages.
Post a Comment