Well, knowing that very soon (like, maybe even tomorrow?) this blog will turn pink and will be adorned with pictures of our new little girl, I thought I would make a mad dash to chronicle at least a few of our adventures from the last few months.
The baby story is thus:
I had some pre-term labor a few weeks ago and have been taking a medication every 4 hours since then to stop contractions and following orders of limited activity and keeping my feet up as much as I can. The last few weeks have been long, but it's been humbling to know how many wonderful people are willing to jump in and help us when we are in need. And Kyle has done way more than his fair share of housework over the last little bit--somebody give that man a gold star. :)
Starting tomorrow I will stop taking that medication and what will happen is anyone's guess. If I don't go into labor on my own by next week, I will be induced. (There's a small window of the best time to have a baby as a type I diabetic--not too soon, but also not too late, or the babies tend to get really big. Hence the prevention medication on the front end and the inducing medication on the back end.)
Anyway, we are as ready as we're ever gonna get and even though I have some realistic (read traumatic) memories of labor and newborn care from previous times, I'm at the point where I'm sure none of it could ever be as bad as continuing to be pregnant. God is clever that way, designing pregnancy to get to the point where you just say, "I don't care how hard it is, or what the future brings, but we've got to end this pregnancy thing." So, change will be as good as a rest. :)
Here are some of the things we done to get ready!
Here's a prego picture from a few weeks ago.
My friend Jean threw me an awesome baby shower for my new "chick" that's on the way, with jello eggs, deviled eggs, and all kinds of other fun snacks. It was fun!
The boys have practiced making the chair vibrate to help calm down a crying baby
(well, dog in this case...)
As you can see, Jake will be well deserving of this title:
(as well as some cute shower gifts and several of my own purchases)
Into this!
And this!
Can't wait to meet this little lady!!
We're as ready as we're ever gonna get, so let's get this show on the road!!
I'll let you know when she comes and what we decide to name her!!


5 comments:
Oh my goodness, Em!!! You look so great! I even caught you on the day you wrote this! It will be so fun to check in to see pics of this cute little girl! What a fun nursery you made for her. You are just such an amazing person! I love checking in to see what new things you've made... or done--or your insightful perspectives on life! :) Good luck in the days to come. You'll do GREAT!!! (Three threw me for a loop for awhile, but I gradually got into the groove. Now I can't imagine life without three!)
Bah!! I'm so excited for you! You look fabulous, even though I know you don't feel it. Her room is adorable! How fun to get to actually decorate! :) Best wishes for a smooth, quick birth and healthy baby and mom!
Hooray!!! Hope all goes well! Can't wait to meet the little miss!
Good luck! We hope she comes tomorrow!
Yay for pink! ;) Can't wait to hear how everything goes--good luck!
Post a Comment