The neat thought for the day from this great book that I'm reading (called "The Purpose Driven Life," by the way, by Rick Warren) is--God wants to be your friend, and friends share secrets, and "God will share his secrets with you if you develop the habit of thinking about his Word throughout the day." I think this is so true. The scriptures actually word this 'secrets' idea as having "the mysteries of God unfolded" to us. So here's my little analogy: I think that pondering is like cooking in a crock pot. In the morning you thaw the meat and put the sauce and spices and everything in (actual time spent reading the scriptures) and then you turn it on and just let it sit. Throughout the day, you catch little smells that remind you what you put in the crock pot and how yummy it will taste when it's done. When you have stuff cooking in your spiritual crock pot (whether it be memorized verses, new ideas, cool quotes, questions about certain doctrines, etc.) you mull it over in your mind throughout the day (or throughout the week or month or year or whatever) and every once in awhile the Lord gives you a little smell of something great that clarifies or adds to the original idea. I love having a concept or an idea or a non-urgent type of problem just cooking on low in my spiritual crock pot--and then as I'm teaching Ethan, mopping the floor, buying groceries, going on walks, folding laundry, or feeding a baby, the Spirit will make a connection for me with whatever I'm doing that suddenly answers my question or makes a new concept click. I find answers to so many problems just hidden in the tasks of the day when I have eyes to see what the Lord is trying to teach me.
Rick Warren says: "The more time you spend reviewing what God has said, the more you will understand the 'secrets' of this life that most people miss."
So so so true.
Well, gotta go turn on my crock pot...
1 Nephi 10:19--"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..."
everything I ever needed to know about masks I learned in a pandemic.
-
Hi! Long time no see! How are you? I really like what you’ve done with your
hair. In the midst of this crazy bananas, I’ve been making masks and
sharing th...
6 years ago


1 comments:
Thanks for the insights. Each time I read them, I add to my crock pot and it simmers for a few days. I'm glad that we, as humans and especially sisters in the gospel, can learn from each other.
Post a Comment