My parents came to visit a few weeks ago, and it was seriously a perfect weekend. We went to Hummel Park and wheeled along the path in rollerblades, Ethan on his bike, and Jake in the stroller. The sky was blue and clear, the trees were green, it was about 65 degrees, and I was with 5 of the greatest people on Earth!
(Sorry, Nana, that you were behind the camera and not in any of the pictures)
I feel better physically right now in my life than I have since about 2001. My then unknown diabetes was starting to zap my energy about then, and by 2003 when I was diagnosed, my body was totally off the map with infections and lethargy that come with blood sugars in the 800's. After we got married, I spent a year trying to figure out insulin injections and then pump therapy, all the while figuring out which foods do which things to me and how to best treat highs and lows and when to exercise and how to cope being stuck inside a body that's on a roller coaster. Then, I did the whole pregnancy thing, (I thought I knew what a roller coaster was) topped it off with nursing, and just when I was starting to feel good again, decided to do it all again. The pregnancies were of course worth every second of misery because we got this out of it:
and this:
So anyway, all of that was to say that I am feeling better than I have in a long time, and that on that gorgeous day at the park on my rollerblades I felt so happy and healthy and FREE, and so glad to be alive. (You combine great weather with fun exercise, and then have 3 people who ADORE your kids follow you around all weekend--what more could you want!?)
Kyle also took us on a full tour of the dental school that day. I got to see, for the first time, the room where Kyle hangs out (with his study group as they cram their brains full of information) when he doesn't come home for dinner for days in a row during test week. What a guy. I tell you what, I sure love that Kyle Ricks.
We topped off the visit by going out to 'STIR CRAZY' for a yummy dinner. The chocolate fondue with a sword for dipping was a smashing hit.
"What greater gift dost thou bestow, what greater goodness can we know...than Christ-like friends whose gentle ways strengthen our faith, enrich our days."
I know what it means to have a cup that "runneth over." I have blessings coming out my ears. :)


4 comments:
Emily ~
These pictures are gorgeous and beautiful! The scenery is beautiful!! Where are you guys at now? Your boys are so cute!! Hope things are going okay for you guys! Take care! Have a good day/night whenever you get this.
I had no idea that Kyle could rollerblade like that. I certainly wouldn't trust myself to rollerblade and push a stroller at the same time! I can only go forward and need assistance stopping. How fun! This was a great family activity! Yea mom!!
Looks like you guys had a blast, I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with your family, it's always wonderful to be around those you love and who love you!
kyle looks so dental-ist in his picture at school. can we start calling him dr. ricks? or dr. k to the yle?
Post a Comment