Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What do your stomach and the Holy Ghost have in common?

Well, one of these days I'm going to finally give a stellar update about our 4 week trip to Utah, Colorado, Idaho, (and for Kyle, Oregon)--but first I have to at least share this funny thing that Ethan said this morning:

He came into the office this morning when he woke up, sat on my lap, and started telling me about the dream he had last night. "...and Jacob, Annalise, and Lily were in my Chevy Silverado--and then Jacob pulled up on the steering wheel, and the whole car was like THIS high, flying in the air..."

I love that he is old enough now to give me a peek into his dreams. So fun.

Then, my stomach growled and I said, "Oh, Ethan, do you know what that was? That was my tummy! Telling me that it's hungry! We better go eat breakfast! Does your tummy tell you that too?"

He said, "No, the Holy Ghost says it."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't hear it, but I just know it."


It took me a minute to figure that one out, but as it turns out, it's actually a pretty cool parallel. The more I think about it, the more I like it. :)

So, there' my "out of the mouth of babes" story for the day.
More in a few days on what I've been doing instead of blogging!!

1 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

He is SUCH an awesome kid! I hope my kids can make parallels like that someday.