So, this is one of the cutest things going on in our family right now--Jake is starting to sing. He's so funny about it though, because he usually just says the last word of each phrase. I think it takes him so much effort to think about what the word will be and then anticipate shaping his mouth to say the word, that he only has time to get in one word per line. The other day in the car I heard:
The ants go marching one by one (and then Jake said, "wah! wah!")
The ants go marching one by one ("wah! wah!"
The ants go marching one by one the little one stops to suck his (dum!")
And they all go marching ("down!")
To the ground, to get ("out!")
Of the ("wane!")
Boom Boom ("Boom!")
I kept looking in the rearview mirror to watch him because it was so adorable to hear, that I wanted to see it. His rhythm was perfect. It was hilarious.
And, this is the best video we got of Jake doing his favorite lullaby, Loo, Loo, Loo. (It's the one from the movie, "The Court Jester," with Danny Kaye. Kyle and I watched this movie together when we were first married and promised that we would learn that lullaby and sing it to our kids. We had no idea what a hit it would be!)
Here's a fun video of Ethan, too. He loves to dress up in superhero costumes, and the other day, when he was Dash, he said he wanted a turn on the treadmill so he could run "so fast, like Dash."
Pretty fun.
everything I ever needed to know about masks I learned in a pandemic.
-
Hi! Long time no see! How are you? I really like what you’ve done with your
hair. In the midst of this crazy bananas, I’ve been making masks and
sharing th...
6 years ago


1 comments:
Cuuuute video of Jake singing!!! So precious.
Post a Comment