Today during Jake's nap Ethan said:
"Pretend I'm Handy Manny and you're Mrs. Portillo and you need me to fix something."
"Okay."
"So what do you need me to fix?"
I looked around at a few things and decided to let him go to work actually screwing and unscrewing the screws on this fisher price vacuum we got at a yard sale a few years ago. It has been broken for a few months, so I figured he couldn't do much harm messing with the screws and he loves the chance to get to use daddy's real screwdriver.
"Here, the screws are broken in this. I need you to fix them!"
So, it started out as a pretend fix-it job...
that turned into a take apart the whole toy job...
Which, I am proud to announce, after some investigation, trial and error, and a little super glue, we figured out what was broken, how it's supposed to work, and how to fix it!!
Then we put it back together and Ethan was overjoyed.
"I can't believe we're going to fix this for REAL, mom!"
I'm pretty sure I never would have learned how to fix a popper vacuum unless I had become a mother. Some days I feel like motherhood has zapped most of my brain cells, but today I feel smarter somehow. :)
Yesterday, Kyle changed the brake pads on the car all by himself. Look at us go.
Handy Manny was pretty excited to run around with his vacuum after he had fixed it!
everything I ever needed to know about masks I learned in a pandemic.
-
Hi! Long time no see! How are you? I really like what you’ve done with your
hair. In the midst of this crazy bananas, I’ve been making masks and
sharing th...
6 years ago


2 comments:
I love this! What a fantastic memory. . it is so fun when we take the time to follow our little ones lead. Miss you!
Jonathan will be so proud! :)
Post a Comment