The other night Jake cried out in the middle of the night. "MAMA." It was clear as a bell. It hasn't been that clear during his waking hours yet, but when he was scared or hurting or whatever he was, he knew exactly what he wanted. :)
Today, when we heard Jake wake up from his nap, Ethan and I ran into his room to play and he was sitting up in the crib, smiling. When we got into the room he looked at us and said, "I."
He has said hi a few other times today and it just makes me giggle inside from head to toe.
Ethan's first word was at about 22 months, (Jake is 11 months right now) and it was TRACTOR. seriously. "DACKDO." Ethan loves tractors, Jake loves his mama.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
Oh, and random picture. Here is Ethan in front of our pretty flowers. Our apartment complex gave out free flowers if we promised to plant and water and weed. It's been fun to get my thumb just a little bit green.


2 comments:
Free Flowers?! SO awesome. . wish they'd done that when we were there. and First words. . . precious. I just want to take those sounds and put them in a seashell so I can listen to them later.. . they grow so fast.
So cute! Peyton has starting saying "Mama", too! It makes it all worth it, doesn't it?
Post a Comment