Thursday, September 4, 2008

Letters to Heaven #1

Dear God,
If running a world is anything like running a household, I just want to say thanks for all your hard work. I bet it's frustrating to design the world and take incredible care as you place things on it and in it--and then watch your children break your rules and make so many horrible messes and destroy things that you've given to them. Do you ever feel unappreciated--or like you want to stop working so hard because no matter how much effort you put in there will still be messes and crying children all around?
Well, you're perfect, so you probably don't get frustrated.
I do, sometimes. Sorry about that.
The point is, though, that I would like to say, "Thank you for creating this beautiful world. Thank you for keeping it running and providing food for all of us, whether we're grateful or not, and for doing everything possible to teach us how to get along and be happy. Thanks for not giving me everything I want (even if I whine and cry), and thanks for holding me when I'm hurt and telling me everything will be okay. And sorry for all the messes I make. I really am trying. :)

Love Em

0 comments: