Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jake-a-roo at the Children's Museum

Hello everybody! I just wanted to show you how much fun I had at the children's museum last Friday. Usually I'm just kind of along for the ride, but now that I'm moving around I got to really play. It was awesome.



Mom had to do a double take to see if I was Ethan since I looked like such a big boy standing in this little kitchen.



I'm learning all about my fruits and veggies (and I LOVE to eat. While I'm chewing one bite, if I can't see the next bite and know that it's on it's way I get distressed. Just as a sidenote.)




Then they had this incredible crawl land that I played in for a long long time. This is what I dream about in my baby dreams--a place where I can crawl and crawl and go up and down and all around. I have been climbing and climbing on the stairs at home (and dressers and other things that are way too big and dangerous for little kids my age) and the landings have not been so soft. So this place was really great.




Whee!




Climbing up again and again...




And down again for a soft landing!




I got to play in the water, too! Am I a big boy or what?




Ethan got to go with his friend Paige and they had lots of fun too.




Man, this whole crawling thing is great. Freedom to move wherever I want to go.... I think I'll start working on the walking thing in a few more weeks but there is so much to explore and do that I'm content to wait on that for a bit. Well, aside from the migrating bruise that I have and will have for the next year of my life, I'm pretty glad to be here. I like to wrestle with Ethan and climb up onto his bed and play. I laugh like crazy when he chases me up the stairs and cry when he pushes me and won't share, but mom always has my back so it's okay. I eat more than Ethan does and I am now a pro at a sippy cup with regular old cow's milk. So if you think I'm a baby, you are out of touch. :)


Have a good day!



Hey, when's lunch?!

Love Jake

4 comments:

Cormorant said...

Geeze, Jake looks SO OLD already! And that place looks like so much fun!

Court and Britt said...

Emily, how are you??? This is Brittany Waterlyn-Jones. I saw your blog address on facebook. Thanks for your comment by the way, sorry that I am not any good at responding. Your boys are darling and it looks like things are going well for you guys. Your hubby is in Dental/Medical school (I'm not sure which one). That is awesome! Well I would love to be blogging buddies and keep in better touch:)

When you have a chance send me an email so that I can send you the link to our blog
courtbritt@gmail.com

Take care-
Brittany

Hohmann Family said...

Great pics! What a fun day! By the way, I love the way you narrate for your little buggers. So cute.

The Carlson Crew said...

Jake is so so cute. What a chunker! Thanks for sharing that you sometimes get frustrated as a mom. It makes me feel more normal :)