Well, we're at it again. Last year I did preschool with just Ethan here at home and this year we are doing a fun trade with two other families where we take turns hosting the three kids at our house and being the teacher.
Here you can see part of our "classroom," which is actually the landing of our stairs. We start in the living room for circle time and show and tell and songs and stuff and then we sing the alphabet as it lines the stairs up to the first landing. After ABC's, Shapes, and Colors, we follow the months up the rest of the stairs to the calendar and the weather. Someday maybe I'll have a "school room" but for now I'll settle for a stairway. :) And it's kind of fun to keep them moving as we go.
Today for the letter B and the number 2 we glued Black Beans on the letter B, traced our 2 feet and talked about what else we have two of, played Go Fish to match up 2 fish at a time, and sang a million songs. It was a little bit more chaotic than I had anticipated, but with a baby and 3 3 year-olds what can you expect? I think they had fun, anyway. Hooray for learning!
E is for Ethan!
We're excited for a great year!
everything I ever needed to know about masks I learned in a pandemic.
-
Hi! Long time no see! How are you? I really like what you’ve done with your
hair. In the midst of this crazy bananas, I’ve been making masks and
sharing th...
6 years ago


4 comments:
You're doing so many cool things for your kiddos, Em! I'm sure it's difficult sometimes, but you're doing great!
Wow! It looks all so official- and I think you aren't even an officially certified preschool teacher. How fun, it makes me excited when I'll get to teach Jack such fun learning things. :)
I love you, Em! You too put 200% into your job...and your job in so much more important than mine! I guess I am trying to give kids what most of them never got because they DIDN'T have a mom like you! How lucky would every kid be if his/her mom stayed at home and TAUGHT him/her? This world would be a DIFFERENT place. I miss you! We need to talk sometime soon!
Yea! We're trying that here, too, with Tyler and a friend. It IS crazy but hopefully worth it for the the days he is at someone else's house, huh? ;)
Post a Comment